Are you planning to travel to Orlando, Florida, during the holidays? Then join in on the festive holiday celebrations at Disney World.
EPCOT-Festival of the Holidays
The International Festival of the Holidays is one of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World Resort. Visitors can experience the magic of celebrating the holidays around the globe while enjoying live entertainment and delicious food.
This annual event runs from November 24 – December 31 and is open to anyone with a valid admission ticket to the Epcot Center.
Epcot’s country-themed pavilions host storytelling performances showcasing that region’s cultural traditions and legends. These include performances from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Norway, China, Italy, Morocco, Canada, Brazil, India, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, and many others.
Guests can also enjoy special holiday treats such as cookies, gingerbread houses, candy canes, and hot chocolate. Traditional holiday foods are also served during the festival.
Additionally, several holiday activities take place throughout the park each day. One example includes a holiday cookie walk where guests can meet Santa Claus and receive a free holiday treat. Another activity involves children dressing up like elves and trick-or-treating around the park.
Magic Kingdom-Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
You and your family can get wrapped up in all things merry and bright, with sensational sights and dazzling delights. This holiday season for 2022 can be enchanted during the 50th Anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort.
The Magor Highlights Include:
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party: It is a very beloved holiday that event returning in 2022. You can join Mickey for a festive celebration with live entertainment, fireworks, a jolly parade, and more. Select nights to join the festivities through December 2222, 2022. To join this holiday celebration, separate admission is required for this special event.
- Castle Projections: Watch as Cinderella Castle is transformed with joyful holiday projections that will rotate with the Beacon of Magic projections that are presented on the nights when Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is not offered.
- Seasonal Decor: You can explore the holly, jolly trimmings and theme throughout Main Street, U.S.A.
- Limited-Time Treats: Enjoy holiday-inspired food and beverages available at select locations.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Embark on yuletide adventures and create memories you’ll cherish all season long. You’ll encounter all sorts of holiday touches during the 50th-anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort.
The Magor Highlights Include:
- Sunset Seasons Greetings: You can wonder as the Hollywood Tower Hotel is transformed nightly by holiday projections, alternating with the Beacon of Magic.
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine: You don’t want to miss Minnie’s merry mealtime at this popular restaurant. Reservations are recommended.
- Santa Claus Motorcade: You can catch the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade, where old St. Nick will travel up Hollywood Blvd. in his candy-apple red convertible, packed with a sack of presents!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration: Look forward to an unforgettable holiday finale featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf.
- Holiday Decor: View seasonal style at every turn-including memorable holiday touches in Toy Story Land.
Christmas Celebrations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
This year, 2022, experience the magic of nature with a holiday twist. Make sure to swing by Discovery River to wave hello to some of your favorite Disney characters aboard decked-out flotillas during the 50th-anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort.
The Major Highlights Include the following:
- Merry Menagerie: Enjoy the winter wonders as Discovery Island springs come to life with artisan-sculpted puppets of artic animals that include penguins, reindeer, foxes, and polar bears.
- Santa Claus Festive Flotilla: You can see Santa Claus as he sails down the Discovery River to a jolly, world-beat holiday soundtrack.
- Discovery Island Drummers Festive Flotilla: Feel the beat as a colorful group of percussionists cruise along the Discovery River, entertaining guests like you on the shore.
- Plus: Make sure to check out holiday-themed decor and Tree of Life Awakenings-Holiday Edition, where the beloved tree shimmers and sparkles each evening, accompanied by a heartwarming musical score.
- Is Disney World cheaper during the Christmas holidays? Disney World is the most expensive time to visit during the Christmas holiday. The price of hotels and packages can be priced as double that during regular seasons.
- Is Disney World too crowded on Christmas Day? Yes, Christmas Day and the week before Christmas, on into the first weeks of January, bring in some of the biggest crowds the parks will see all year long.
- Does Disney do Christmas fireworks? Yes, you can watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Does Magic Kingdom close early on Christmas party Nights? On the nights when separately ticketed events like Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are taking place, Magic Kingdom will close to day guests at 6 pm, and the party event will be from 7 pm until 12 midnight.